What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Shire Skincare follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, Shire Skincare uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Note that Shire Skincare has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Shire Skincare does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Stripe offers Business Services to our Business Users (e.g. payment processing through in-person or online checkout, or processing pay-outs for those Business Users). When we are acting as a Business User’s service provider (also known as a data processor), we will process Personal Data in accordance with the terms of our agreement with the Business User and the Business User’s lawful instructions (e.g. when we process a payment for a Business User because you bought a product from them) or they instruct us to send funds to you.
a. Personal Data that we collect about End Customers
- Transaction Data. If you are an End Customer, when you make payments to, get refunds from, begin a purchase, make a donation or otherwise transact with a Business User that uses us to provide payment processing Business Services, we will receive Transaction Data. We may also receive your transaction history with the Business User. Learn More. Moreover, we may obtain information typed into a checkout form, even if you choose not to complete the form or purchase with the Business User. Learn More.
- Identity/Verification Information. Stripe provides a verification and fraud prevention Service that allows a Business User to verify Personal Data about you, such as your age (when purchasing age restricted goods) or your authorization to use a payment method. As part of these Services, you will be asked to share Personal Data with us for this purpose (e.g., your government ID, your image (selfie), and Personal Data you input or that is apparent from the physical payment method (e.g. credit card image)). To protect against fraud, we may compare this information with information about you we collect from Business Users, financial partners, business partners, identity verification services, publicly available sources, and other third party service providers and sources so that we can assess whether the person is likely to be you or a person purporting to be you. Learn More.
- More. Please see below for information about additional types of Personal Data that we may collect, including your online activity.
b. How we use and share Personal Data of End Customers
To provide our Business Services to our Business Users, we use Personal Data, and share Personal Data of a Business User’s End Customers with the Business User. Where allowed, we also use End Customers’ Personal Data for Stripe’s own purposes to secure, improve and provide our Business Services and prevent fraud, loss and other harms as described below.
- Payments and Accounting. We use your Transaction Data to provide our Payments related Business Services to Business Users, including to process online payment transactions, to calculate applicable sales tax, to invoice and bill, and to help them calculate their revenue, pay their bills and perform accounting tasks. Learn More. We may also use Personal Data to provide and improve our Business Services.
- Financial Services. Some of our Business Users use our Services in order to offer financial services to you, through Stripe or its financial partners. For example, they may provide a card product that enables you to purchase goods and services. These cards may carry the Stripe brand, bank partner brand and/or the brands of Business Users. In addition to any Transaction Data we may produce or receive when these cards are used for purchases, we will also receive and use your Personal Data in order to provide and manage these products. Please also see the privacy policies of the Business User and our bank partners, if applicable, associated with the financial service (whose brands may be shown on the card).
- Identity/Verification Services. We use Personal Data about your identity, including information provided by you and our service providers, to perform verification Services for Stripe or for the Business Users that you are doing business with, to reduce fraud and enhance security. If you provide a “selfie” along with an image of your identity document, we will use technology to compare and calculate whether they match and you can be verified. Learn More.
- Fraud Detection and Loss Prevention. We use your Personal Data collected across our Services (e.g. Stripe Radar) to detect and prevent losses for you, us, our Business Users and financial partners. We may provide Business Users (including card issuers, payment methods and others involved in payment processing activities) that use our fraud Business Services with Personal Data about you (including your attempted transactions) so that they can assess the fraud or loss risk associated with a transaction. You can learn more about how we may use technology to assess the fraud and loss risk associated with an attempted transaction and what information we may share with Business Users about such risks here and here.
- We do not use, sell or share End Customer Personal Data for our marketing or advertising, or for marketing and advertising by third parties who are not the Business User with which you have transacted or attempted to transact.